Brave New Foundation is looking for a campaign specialist for our War Costs work.
Candidate must have exceptional writing skills, acute political awareness about cost of war/drones and who are the influencers in this universe, and ability to multi-task with ease and precision.
Candidate will help to develop strategy around our long-form and short-form video releases, organize partner coalitions, develop online distribution plan and supervise social media campaign. Job is located in Culver City and reports directly to the President of the organization. This is a more than a full-time position. Not for a 9-5 personality. Benefits include vacation, health/dental/vision plan plus employer matching retirement plan.
- Candidate must be exceptional writer who produces a lot quickly
- Writing will include blogs, email blasts, reports, website research and other materials
- Developing ‘action asks’ for short videos
- General research as needed, fact checking, political framing
- Knowing when/how to jump on news cycle
- Contacting and organizing groups when needed for actions
- Developing relationships with key bloggers and reporters
- Connecting with elected officials/staffers for particular videos
- Strategy around how to reach goals with video/campaign
- Getting videos to key elites/influencers/bloggers
- Getting videos to groups
- Coordination on launch
- Supervising social media person around goals, message, timing
- Using social media to activate people for campaigns/actions
In your application please include a letter about your experience and why you are the person for this job. Also include three relevant samples of your past writing work. Please send this information along with a resume to: email@example.com
ABOUT BRAVE NEW FOUNDATION
The vision of Brave New Foundation is an open democratic society that encourages rigorous debate, opportunity and justice for all. Our mission is to champion social justice issues by using a model of media, education, and grassroots volunteer involvement that inspires, empowers, motivates and teaches civic participation and makes a difference.
Brave New Foundation is an Equal Opportunity Employer and employs without regard to sex, race, color, national origin, religion, age, handicap or any other basis prohibited by applicable law.
Additionally, it is the policy of Brave New Foundation to maintain a work environment free from discrimination based on race, color, religious creed, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, veteran/military status, marital status or other status protected by federal or state law, with regard to any term or condition of employment.